AMP Global Youth amplifies the power of youth to design and demand our shared future. Founded by students at Yale after 9/11, we have reached tens of thousands of global youth in the past 20 years through our global leadership workshops, campus events, national and international conferences, and more.
Our training programs have doubled in size in the past few years, graduating young leaders with a strong set of skills for understanding global challenges and taking action around global issues. The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator will play a key role in sustaining this momentum
This is a great position for a student, graduate student, or young professional, and as such extensive professional experience is definitely not required. We will help teach you what you need to know.
Key Work Areas Include:
Outreach and Marketing: The Coordinator leads outreach and relationship-building with key groups including: prospective students, schools, partner organizations, sponsors, and funders. Specific activities will include:
- Developing and executing our marketing strategy, including messaging, materials and campaigns. You should be able to craft an engaging set of content that reaches prospective program participants, for example a series of IG Reels featuring alumni talking about why they chose our program. You don’t need to be skilled at graphic design or video development per se; we do hire additional technical support for these tasks as needed. But you should have a strong eye for messaging and approaches that work with youth, and the ability to lead campaign creation and launch.
- Building relationships with target populations for AMP programming. For example, the Coordinator will be a primary point of contact for prospects and applicants to our programs, and might call their family to discuss their application, build relationships with school staff, and more.
- Overseeing our advertising on social media, Google, and elsewhere. We contract with an outside agency to run many of our ads, but the Coordinator will help monitor that work. In an ideal world, the Coordinator could run these ads in-house.
Required of Applicants:
- Ability to do marketing and outreach (as defined above) for a youth or social justice-minded program, campaign or organization. Share what interests, experience or skills you have. We understand you may not have held a paid position or job previously.
- Extremely comfortable with social media platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, and Youtube.
- Enthusiasm for talking to people, calling people, and striking up conversations. This is an outward-facing position, and you should thrive in that space.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets and analyzing data, for example social media analytics. You don’t have to be able to run sophisticated programs, but you should enjoy deciphering numbers and what they’re telling us about our efforts.
- Passionate about youth empowerment and social change.
- Ideal but not required: Experience with graphic design, video creation, and/or other creative efforts.
- Ideal but not required: Ability to run social and search ads.
This is a 10-15 hour/week position, starting in February 2023. Candidates should be comfortable working in English, on Eastern Standard Time, and have reliable technology and internet to complete their work. Coordinators will be paid at a rate of $17-$23/hr, depending on experience.
How to apply:
Send your resume and a statement on why you’re interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can send us a video or voice recording of you expressing your interest and relevant experience to email@example.com. We welcome all types of submission. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled. We encourage applicants from marginalized backgrounds including: Black, Indigenous, and People of Color; people with disabilities; LGBTQIA+ folx; people of Muslim and Jewish faith.