Now Seeking: Global Scholar Program Planning Coordinator (Spring 2023)Posted OnMarch 13, 2023 by
Join the AMP Global Youth team as a Program Coordinator for our flagship Global Scholar summer programs, which prepare youth to be visionary leaders and bold changemakers around urgent global challenges. Global Scholar welcomes high school-aged students (13-17) from across the US and the world.
The Program Planning Coordinator supports planning for our summer programs, including: speakers and trainers; updating learning materials; supporting the development of new training workshops and content; and serving as a point of contact for participants and their families. This is a four-month contract position with the possibility of continuing through the delivery of the summer program.
This is a great position for someone interested in global education, leadership development, youth development, curriculum design, and public / global affairs.
The Coordinator will work 12-20 hours/week from March-July (July may be optional if Coordinartor is unable to continue through the summer). They will work on a team including the Program Director, Coordinators, Trainers, Facilitators and Student Peer Mentors.
- Coordinating program planning. Working with the Program Director the Coordinator will:
- Develop the roster of expert speakers, and manage invitations and scheduling.
- Coordinate the program flow and scheduling, for multiple in-person and virtual programs.
- Manage learning tools and technologies, for example Google Classroom.
- Managing the participant application and pre-program experience. This will include:
- Preparing welcome kits for accepted applicants.
- Engaging with participants and families, to answer questions, prepare them for the program, etc.
- Scheduling and hosting orientation calls with participants in June.
- Supporting expansion of our curriculum and training content. Depending on experience, the Coordinator will work with the Program Director and Training Director to:
- Craft the learning journey and flow for participants, from pre-program materials to the daily experience during the program, to how we support their continued growth following the program. This might involve reviewing pre-program surveys, customizing program activities, readings or speakers, and more.
- Support the development of new training workshops launching this summer
- Designing the virtual three-day global kick off event for the program.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong commitment to our mission of uplifting the voices of youth around urgent global challenges.
- Experience coordinating events, conferences, camps, or training programs.
- Strong comfort managing logistics, for example scheduling staff and speakers, meals, transportation, and related elements.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, independently, and effectively.
- Enough familiarity with international / public affairs to design sessions and invite speakers on these topics.
- Excellent personal and communications skills. Coordinator must be flexible, patient, and able to think quickly on their feet.
- Excellent attention to detail and initiative.
Skills and Qualifications: Great to have, not required
- Experience with curriculum and/or workshop design.
- Teaching, facilitation, and/or training experience. This is essential for candidates choosing to extend the contract through program delivery in July.
Hours, Pay and Benefits: This is a part-time, contract position for the months of March-June or July. Candidates will work 12-20 hours/week, depending on their availability. Hourly rate is $17-$20/hour depending on experience.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Americans for Informed Democracy / AMP Global Youth is a national student organization that amplifies the story, voice and power of global youth. Find out more at www.ampglobalyouth.org and/or www.globalscholar.org