Now Seeking: Summer 2023 Program CoordinatorPosted OnMarch 13, 2023 by
Join the AMP Global Youth team as a Summer Coordinator for our popular Global Scholar program, which prepares youth to be visionary leaders and bold changemakers around urgent global challenges. Global Scholar welcomes high school-aged students from across the US and the world.
The Program Coordinator oversees the general running of the program, including seminars with speakers, training workshops, and student projects. This is a great position for someone interested in global issues, global education, youth development, training / facilitation, and social entrepreneurship. Successful candidates will have experience leading similar programs, trips, clubs or courses, and strong familiarity with the issues discussed during the program. .
The Coordinator will work for 5-6 weeks, from late June to the end of July. This includes five days of training prior to the start of the program. They will work on a team including the Program Director, Trainers, Facilitators and Student Peer Mentors. *Our sessions are on the ground in Washington, D.C., and candidates must be able to independently travel to the area.
- Coordinate the overall flow of the experience. This includes learning, logistics, and student safety.
- Facilitating student learning. Coordinator will connect the dots between readings, speakers and assignments for participants through daily wrap-up conversations, small-group breakouts, informally checking in with students, and more.
- Facilitating some sessions, for example speaker panels.
- Facilitating student discussion groups.
- Overseeing group social, energizing, and check-in moments.
- Coordinating technology and materials we’ll use throughout the program. This includes making sure all sessions are set up and ready to start on time, ensuring student materials and assignments are posted and accessible, etc.
- Ensuring partnerships are strengthened through the program, for example we develop a strong rapport with speakers, guests, and others who support the program.
Student Well-Being and Safety:
- Ensuring participants are following all safety and behavioral guidelines.
- Supporting students in the group environment. This might include checking in with students individually, troubleshooting issues with group dynamics, developing engaging activities that help the group build relationships and have fun, and more.
- Coordinating on-the-ground spending, including for meals and transportation. Tracking and submitting receipts and expense reports.
- Acting as liaison with the host campus and the program.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Experience working with student groups, trips, camps, conferences or equivalent of young people, for example as a camp counselor, RA, etc. is required.
- Engaging, fun, and curious. Coordinators are inspiring and informed party hosts, and have a huge influence on the general energy of the group. They must bring energy, excite others, and cultivate the space.
- Strong comfort handling event logistics, including speakers and technology.
- Enough experience with international / public affairs to lead group discussions on these topics.
- Excellent personal and communications skills. Coordinator must be flexible, patient, and able to think quickly on her/his feet.
- Excellent attention to detail and initiative.
- Fun and willing to serve as a mentor to very excited young leaders.
Hours, Pay and Benefits: This is a 5-6 week contract position, from late June through the end of July. This includes 5 days of training prior to the start of the program. When working with our Washignton, DC programs the Coordinator will also receive meals and housing at the host university. Salary range is equivalent to $50,000-55,000/year, depending on experience and pro-rated depending on weeks worked.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Americans for Informed Democracy / AMP Global Youth is a national student organization that amplifies the story, voice and power of global youth. Find out more at www.ampglobalyouth.org and/or www.globalscholar.org