Now Hiring: Marketing and Outreach CoordinatorPosted OnDecember 15, 2021 by
AMP Global Youth amplifies the power of youth to design and demand our shared future. Founded by students at Yale after 9/11, we have reached tens of thousands of global youth in the past 20 years through our global leadership workshops, campus events, national and international conferences, and more.
Our training programs have doubled in size in the past few years, graduating young leaders with a strong set of skills for understanding global challenges and taking action around global issues. The Marketing and Outreach Coordinator will play a key role in sustaining this momentum, by helping us connect with prospective participants, their families and their schools, as well as with organizations, funders, and other partners.
This is a great position for a student, graduate student, or young professional, and as such extensive professional experience is not required. We will help teach you what you need to know.
Key Work Areas Include:
Outreach and Marketing: The Coordinator supports outreach and relationship-building with key groups including: prospective students, schools, partner organizations, sponsors, and funders. Specific activities will include:
- Refining and executing our marketing strategy, including messaging, materials and campaigns. You should be able to craft an engaging set of content that reaches prospective program participants, for example a series of IG Reels featuring alumni talking about why they chose our program. You don’t need to be skilled at graphic design or video development per se; we do hire additional technical support for these tasks as needed. But you should have a strong eye for messaging and approaches that work with youth, and the ability to lead campaign creation and launch.
- Building relationships with prospective participants in our programming. The Coordinator will be a primary point of contact for prospects and applicants to our programs, and might call their family to discuss their application, build relationships with school staff, and more.
- Mobilize support for the program from partner organizations, program sponsors, schools and foundations. For example we’ve secured financial and in-kind support for our programs from other organizations, run custom versions of our programs for schools and foundations, and won grant funding for our workshops. The significant portion of this position involves exploring, pursuing and expanding these angles.
- Overseeing our advertising on social media, Google, and elsewhere. We contract with an outside agency to run many of our ads, but the Coordinator will help monitor that work, and make sure we’re featured on other relevant places like websites listing summer opportunities.
Strategy and Program Growth:
- Supporting program growth and expansion. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and mindframe. We are in a period of rapid program growth, and that often goes hand in hand with fostering new relationships with experts and partners. The Coordinator will help vet new program ideas, explore market potential, build buy-in from important constituencies, and more. We have launched four new programs in the last year alone, and this year are focusing on refining and expanding those efforts.
Required of Applicants:
- Enthusiasm for talking to people, calling people, and striking up conversations. This is an outward-facing position, and you should thrive in that space.
- Strong writing skills, including ability to support creation of marketing materials, funding requests, emails to schools and applicants, and related materials.
- Comfortable with social media platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, and Youtube.
- Comfortable with data tracking and analysis, for example social media analytics. You don’t to be able to run sophisticated programs, but you should enjoy deciphering numbers and what they’re telling us about our efforts.
- Passionate about youth empowerment and social change.
- Ability to multi-task and keep many threads and leads moving successfully. It’s likely this person will have 5 or more task areas moving at any time.
- Ability to work successfully in a virtual environment.
- Ideal but not required: Experience with graphic design, video creation, and/or other creative efforts.
This is a 15-20 hour/week position, starting in February 2022. Candidates should be comfortable working in English, on Eastern Standard Time, and have reliable technology and internet to complete their work. Coordinators will be paid at a rate of $18-$25/hr, depending on experience.
How to apply:
Send your resume and a statement on why you’re interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can send us a video or voice recording of you expressing your interest and relevant experience to email@example.com. We welcome all types of submission. Applications accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled. We encourage applicants from historically marginalized backgrounds to apply.