Is the youth voice heard around our greatest challenges? Do young leaders have the support they want to grow into the leaders we need? Let’s discuss the STATE OF GLOBAL YOUTH!
The State of Global Youth Report will tackle these big questions, and more. We are capturing the values, priorities, skills, and needs of youth. It will serve as both a statement on youth priorities today, as well as a call-to-action for youth leaders and those who support them. And true to our mission, it will be implemented by youth.
We’re exploring the issues youth care about the most, and how they believe change can happen. We’re discussing how youth are engaged in decision making processes, and how they want to be. We’re mapping the skills and experiences youth want, to be the leaders we need. And we’re envisioning what the future of education, work, and relationships.
It’s a big job, but we’re up for the challenge. And we need your help. Here are some ways you can get involved →
If you’re a young person ages 15-23:
- SOUND OFF online. Join youth from around the world to share your thoughts online! This form takes about 10 minutes., and your responses will be kept totally anonymous.
- SOUND OFF by video. Help us get the conversation started by sharing your short reflections on one of our key questions.
- Share your CREATIVE VISION via the Creative Design Challenge! Four winners will receive a $400 prize, and be featured in the final State of Global Youth Report!
As our thanks to all contributors, we’ll either mail you an AMP Global Youth sticker sheet or donate $5 to the Global Scholar Scholarship Fund, to help young leaders access valuable leadership workshops.
If you’re an educator, or work with youth:
- SOUND OFF online.
- Share your wisdom via a short interview with one of our youth researchers. We’d love to hear your experience and ideas for supporting youth. Indicate your interest in a short call here.
- Host a State of Global Youth discussion. This is a great opportunity for a club, class, or other gathering of youth to get deep on some of our biggest questions. Email us at SOGY@AMPGlobalYouth.org
More on why we’re doing this work: This is the 20th anniversary year for AMP Global Youth. Founded by students at Yale after 9/11, since our earliest days we have been a champion of amplifying the youth voice around our greatest global challenges. While that broad mission endures, the interests, values and connections of youth have evolved significantly. To mark this milestone in our work, and position ourselves for our most impactful decade yet, we are taking stock of this moment, youth priorities, and our opportunity to amplify the next generation of young global leaders.
We can’t wait to hear all that you have to say! If you have any questions on how to get involved, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.