Global Scholar Program Facilitator (Summer 2022)
Join the AMP Global Youth team as a Facilitator for our popular Global Scholar program, which prepares youth to be visionary leaders and bold changemakers around urgent global challenges. Global Scholar welcomes high school-aged students from across the US and the world.
The Facilitator supports the learning journey of a cohort of 5-10 high school students, leading group discussions, supporting group projects, and building relationships and trust within the team. This is a great position for someone interested in global education, public and international affairs, youth development, and social change. Successful candidates will have coursework in global issues, and experience leading teams or groups.
The Facilitator will work part-time in late June, July and early August. This includes three days of facilitation and leadership training prior to the start of the program; currently slated for 06.27.22 – 07.01.22.They will work on a team including the Program Director, Trainers, Facilitators and Student Peer Mentors.
- Leading small-group discussions and activities with a group of 5-10 students.
- Supporting the group as they complete daily challenges and a final group project. This might include helping them brainstorm ideas, develop a workplan, execute activities, and more.
- Fostering trust, fun, and relationships within the group.
- Supporting overall running of the program, including helping with logistics and technology as needed.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Experience working with student groups, trips, camps, conferences or equivalent.
- Ability to get people excited, keep energy moving, and in general keep a group interested, focused and on track.
- Enough experience with international / public affairs to lead group discussions on these topics.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fun and willing to serve as a mentor to very excited young leaders.
Location: Ideal candidates are located in Washington, DC, New York City, and/or can work virtually.
Hours, Pay and Benefits: This is a 5-8 week, part-time, contract summer position. Facilitators work on average 15 hours/week, and will work with a minimum of two of our summer sessions. Facilitators receive 3 days of training prior to the start of the program. Candidates must be at least 18 years old, and able to pass a background check. Salary range is equivalent to approximately $35-$40,000/year, depending on experience.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
Americans for Informed Democracy / AMP Global Youth is a national student organization that amplifies the story, voice and power of global youth. Find out more at www.ampglobalyouth.org and/or www.globalscholar.org